Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Go Hard or Go Harder! Sept.7, 2015

Are you all ready for the best story ever?? 

So on Tuesday, Elder Farnsworth and I were in Walmart picking up a few items for our apartment when we get this phone call. This man that called us has a name of David O. He got our number from Mormon.org. I guess he was chatting with people on the site and they gave him our number. So David gets to telling us his life story and here it is: "I was a Protestant Minister for pretty much my whole teenage years. The whole time i was preaching... It felt incomplete. Well, later down the road I went through a bad divorce and got in with drug gangs and became a raging alcoholic. I was sentenced to 9 years in prison after running into the law. While I was in jail, I came across the teachings from the prophet John Taylor book. I read it multiple times. I got in contact with a bishop from Tallahassee that came and visited me weekly. One of our visits, he gave me a Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price and The Doctrine and Convenants. I read it 8 times through. I also came across all of the Work and the Glory books. I read all 8 of those books. I know a lot about the Mormon faith and you two won't be needing to convert me... I am already converting me. HOW MIND BLOWING IS THAT!!! So we met with David the following day and he seriously knows more about the church than Farnsworth and I together. haha! HE WAS TEACHING US! So we set a baptismal date with him on September 26th. Super cool. He then mentions to us that he is still on probation until November. We told our Zone Leaders to see if we can still baptize him and they told us that we have to fill out a form with him and send it in to the first presidency to get it approved. He came to church yesterday and absolutely fell in love. Hopefully the first presidency approves!! WOOWW!!!! OBEDIENCE PAYS OFF PEOPLE!!!! Miracles are real and Heavenly Father is preparing the best of his children for this gospel. It is truly amazing how it works. I love it so much. It just comes to show that this really is HIS work. We are out here being his mouthpiece... Its just our job to open our mouths and be in the right place at the right time. Thats what went on this week. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you all!!
Love, Elder



Me and Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment