Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Staying in Ft. Walton Aug. 31, 2015

We got transfer calls last night and Elder Farnsworth and I are staying here in Fort Walton Beach!!!! Such a relief when we heard that because we are having an absolute blast here!! It is the best!! 

So we found a new investigator on Tuesday. His name is Mike L. We think he is Autistic but we just aren't sure yet  We have taught him the restoration and the plan of salvation.  Its amazing!! We also met John the Baptist on Tuesday. We were just walking down the main street in the city and this dude comes up to us and asks if we know who he is... we didn't. He then yells I am Flipping JOHN THE BAPTIST. (except he didn't say flipping). He also claimed he was the Angel of Gabriel and the Angel of Death... It was so funny because he started yelling to all the Anti Christs in the world. haha! It was amazing!! I love my mission. 

So Brian B., another investigator, is doing pretty good. We had 2 lessons with him this week. He mentioned to us that he wants to get baptized. Super cool. He is having a really hard time with keeping commitments though.. but we are working with him and he is making big improvements. It is so awesome to see people change their lives because of the gospel. It is fun to see little miracles like that each and every day. 

I found some amazing quotes that I think everyone would like. Here they are: 
"Old habits are hard to break and new habits are hard to make"
"you don't know how strong you are until strong is the only thing you have left"

Elder Black came on a trade off with me on Friday! It was such a fun day! I love him so much!!! We went to the store and bought selfie sticks hahah! We took so many dang photos!! At 7pm, Jay C. took us to the local high school football game. It was fun! Made me miss it for sure!! And people here in the south really love marching bands hahah! 

On Saturday I gave everyone hair cuts haha! I am starting to give them fades and they are looking so dang good! Saturday night, Spanish had a baptism. It was super cool! Baptisms are just the absolute best!! Seeing that smile as they come up out of the water is just explainable. Trenidy Thomas took us to his house after for dinner and guess who was there.... Elder Miller. My trainer. It was so fun to see him and catch up!! He is doing so good in the real world again hah!! 

Sunday was a very interesting day in 2nd wards sacrament meeting. So this lady was giving her talk and started crying. this like 90 year old lady that was sitting in the front row throws a whole box of tissues at her hahah! Oh my gosh i was laughing so dang hard it was crazyyy!!!! I love my mission!! Eduardo that got baptized on Saturday was confirmed during 1st wards sacrament. I got to be a part of the confirmation. Good stuff. 

I am still loving every second of it out here!! So I have thought to myself recently.. "man i need a baptism" and then I was like... really... is that all you want? It's not about numbers out here and that is what I love. I love meeting new people and just planting that little seed in them. I have grown so much from realizing that already. It has taught me to really love everyone that I have come in contact with. it is truly a blessing to be out here on a mission. 

I hope all you have a great week!! Ill talk to you next monday!! 
Love, Elder Baldwin





We found the "Mystery Machine"!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment